Once we moved into our new place, I wanted to get frames and put pictures of all my fam up. However, between the hubby and I, we have quite a few immediate family members, and we are only "allowed" so many holes per wall and we have only so much self space. There was no way I was going to let the landlord's rules win on this one. Thus this Polaroid wall idea was born.
(sorry the light is terrible in this part of the house)
I had seen these few pins here and here, that inspired me to do the Polaroid idea. I wanted to make a heart, but the hubs didn't like that idea. It was actually his idea to take some hemp and string it back and forth using tacs, and then put the pictures up with clothes pins. Genius I say. I don't know what I'd do without him.
As for the actual Polaroids, I cheated using an online program HERE
The program is free and blimey awesome.
Making Polaroids and Printing them - Tutorial
1. Download the program HERE
2. Once downloaded, open up. It will look like a Polaroid camera. All you have to do is drag with your mouse a photo from your library and drop it on the film coming out of the Polaroid camera.
3. Then you just wait and watch it develop. The downer is you can't shake the picture : (
To Print Polaroid
4. Open up your photo editing program. Make your image the size as shown below.
Just be safe I made the resolution 350.
5. Open your developed Polaroids in your photo editing program and copy and paste into your newly made 4x6 document.
6. Save and send off to print
*if you're planning on just printing it off on your own computer, none of these steps are needed.
7. Once you get your Polaroids printed, just cut off the extra white stuff on the top and bottom.
Don't go too crazy with the Polaroids ; )
And just for fun, enjoy this video!